Vaginal dryness is a normal change with aging and menopause. Many women also face pain or burning sensation during intercourse. The mucous cells that line the vaginal walls help in maintaining a healthy environment within the vagina. The pH balance in the vagina is important to maintain the healthy function. When these cells don’t work properly, they lose their ability of lubrication, and elasticity.
Lubricants can be used to prevent dryness. It is wise to first consult your doctor if you feel dryness, pain or bleeding within the course. Doctors are specialized in this filed, therefore they will undergo some examination to find the root cause of this problem. Adam&Eve Medical Aesthetics in Scottsdale, Arizona help in vagina rejuvenation. They rejuvenate face and body with Botox, laser, and exercises. The entire team of doctors are certified and professionals trained to provide good services.
According to them, virginal dryness isn’t an illness that can’t be cured. First, every person, man, and woman should know what causes vaginal dryness. The medication and procedure involved in this condition needs support from both parties to show patience.
Here are some causes mentioned below –
- Vaginal dryness commonly happens before and after menopause. It is known as vaginal atrophy where the vagina becomes less elastic and thinner.
- If you have given vaginal birth recently and are still breastfeeding your baby.
- Cancer patients undergo various hormonal changes during chemotherapy or radiations. Vaginal dryness can be one of the changes.
- Removal of ovaries through surgery or treating uterine fibroids through medication can show certain side effects.
- Taking medication that reduces the estrogen level in body can also lead to vaginal dryness.
Here are few symptoms of dry vagina –
- Pain during intercourse
- Any other discomfort in vagina
If you feel any one of the symptom it is wise to contact your gynecologist immediately. Ignoring and prolonging the disease can lead to severe infection which may damage your reproductive system. The doctor will recommend certain tests which may include Pap test, just to clear the doubt of STI.
Generally, vaginal dryness happens due to low level of estrogen. Doctors generally prescribe cream or capsule that is inserted in vagina to increase the estrogen level. It is less harmful compared to pills that are swallowed and flow in bloodstream.
Here are some methods that are used by women –
- A flexible and soft ring is inserted by doctor into the vagina where estrogen is released directly to the tissue. This ring is replaced in every three months.
- A tablet is inserted into the vagina with the help of disposable applicator. The treatment begins with inserting a tablet daily for two weeks and then reducing it to twice in a week until it is no longer needed.
- Cream is put with the help of an applicator inside vagina. This is done daily for at least two weeks and then reduced down by doctor’s recommendation.
Everybody is different therefore there isn’t anything to be ashamed of. If you hide your problem for long time it can become a trouble and your treatment can prolong for days or maybe months. Talk to your spouse about your problem and contact your gynecologist immediately.