After months of debate Massachusetts became the 18th state in the nation to legalize the use of medicinal marijuana around 2013. It wasn’t until 2018 marijuana was deemed legal to use for recreational purposes. Two dispensaries opened up in November 2018 and gradually the cannabis industry started steadily growing.
Purchasing weed in Holyoake MA:
A person has to be 21 or older to purchase marijuana in Massachusetts and present their government ID for verification. Are you a Holyoke MA resident looking to buy recreational weed? Canna Provisions is a popular recreational weed dispensary in Holyoke MA. Get the help of their friendly staffs if you are confused about which one to purchase.
They offer a wide selection of highest-quality weed products including flowers, edibles, topical, concentrates, tinctures and other cannabis accessories. The state still has strict federal laws regarding usage of cannabis. Be aware of the limitations before you start using weed in Holyoake MA.
Quantity of marijuana approved:
- You can legally possess 1 ounce of weed when you are outside home.
- You can possess 10 ounces of cannabis at home.
- An adult can grow up to 6 cannabis plants in their home. The number of approved plants in a home of two or more than 2 adults is 12. There are exceptions in rented homes. You’ll need to approval of your landlord to grow marijuana.
Storing marijuana at home and car:
If you are holding more than 1 oz marijuana at home, you are required to keep it locked up away from pets and children. If you are carrying it in your vehicle, you aren’t allowed to put them in an open container in the passenger area of your car. Put them in your trunk in a closed container or in your car’s glove compartment.
What is considered illegal?
- Driving under the influence of weed is illegal. Though some states allow a minimum amount of weed in your system, Massachusetts doesn’t have any minimum. If you have consumed weed, take a cab, public transport or get someone sober to take you home.
- Federal government still considers marijuana as a dangerous drug and hasn’t approved the usage of marijuana. Using marijuana in any form in a public place (anywhere outside your home or friend’s place like parks, sidewalks etc) is considered illegal.
The new laws pertaining to recreational marijuana do not affect the status of a patient using medical marijuana. Conform to your state rules to avoid and safely consume cannabis.