Are your eyes watery almost all the time? Well, you should know that this might be one of the allergic rhinitis symptoms. Read on to know more about allergic rhinitis.
Allergic rhinitis symptoms
Listed below are the most common allergic rhinitis symptoms.
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose, eyes, mouth, throat or skin
- Constant sneezing
- Stuffy nose due to blockage or congestion
- Reduced sense of smell
- Post-nasal discharge
- Sinus headaches
- Nasal polyps
- Eyelid swelling
- Blocked ears
- Redness of the white part of eyes
Allergic rhinitis triggers
Listed below are the triggers for allergic rhinitis.
- Cigarette smoke
- Strong odors such as perfume or hair spray
- Laundry detergents
- Cleaning solutions
- Pool chlorine
- Car exhaust and other air pollutants
Allergic rhinitis diagnosis
Are you wondering how allergic rhinitis is diagnosed? Well, you should know that homeopath doctors will take your complete history and prognosis is made. In addition, physical examination that helps clinicians to affirm the condition, include the following.
- Pale discoloration of the lining of the nose
- Nasal polyps in some cases
- Swelling of the eyelid
- Allergic shiners – darkened areas under eyes which might be due to congestion of venous blood
Also, some skin tests can help the diagnosis of allergic rhinitis, which includes the following.
- Skin prick test: This test uses a small amount of purified allergen extract that is pricked into the skin of your arm and then it is observed for any signs of an allergic reaction. A positive test for this test would be a raised bump at the tested site that will confirm your allergy to the injected substance.
- Intradermal tests: In this test, the allergen extract is injected between layers of the skin and observed for allergic reaction on the tested site.
Allergic rhinitis treatment
The conventional allergic rhinitis treatments include anti-allergic medicines and immune modulators. But there are possible side effects to conventional allergic rhinitis treatments. These include drug dependency and toxicity. There comes homeopathic allergic rhinitis treatment into the picture. The advantages of homeopathic allergic rhinitis treatment are there are no drug dependency and no side effects. Evidently, homeopathy offers significant relief from the agony of rhinitis in a large number of patients. Homeopathic medicines mainly target the body’s immune system, which helps to reduce hypersensitivity to the allergens. In the long run, with homeopathic treatment, patients are known to react less aggressively to the allergens, which gradually help to cure hypersensitivity.
It is important to note that with homeopathic allergic rhinitis treatment, the patient might report attacks of allergic rhinitis. But you should know that these attacks might be less severe and might last for a shorter duration as compared to the attacks experienced before allergic rhinitis treatment.
Gradual improvement in overall health will be noticed by all patients as the treatment is effectively continued. Interestingly, homeopathy has offered significant help even in chronic cases of a long-standing nature, which further helps prevent associated complications. Patients with allergic rhinitis are strongly recommended homeopathic allergic rhinitis treatment as early as possible.
Questions to ask your homeopath
If you’ve no idea what to talk with your homeopath, no need to worry! We’ve got it covered. Listed below are a few questions you can ask your homeopath.
- How do I figure out what I’m allergic to?
- Is my allergy seasonal or perennial?
- I’m allergic to pet dander. Am I at risk for any other allergies?
- What changes can I make at home to help relieve my allergic rhinitis symptoms?
- Will any over-the-counter medicines help to relieve my allergic rhinitis symptoms?
As soon as you notice allergic rhinitis symptoms, it is highly suggested to visit your nearest homeopathy clinic and seek homeopathic allergic rhinitis treatment.